¡Welcome to a new blog article! The days are more and more short and the reduced hours to go out and ride a bike. But why not get some hours in which visibility is reduced to also walk with your mountain bike? It is clear that to carry out routes with low visibility are indispensable good lighting systems. You have many bulbs on the market and all prices, but my recommendation is to give priority to the quality and reliability of the lights even if you assume a greater economic outlay. If you have decided to go out to shoot in low light in your MTB, at least choose either the device that will guide you through the dark paths.
Parameters to determine the quality of the focus of MTB
If you’ve decided to buy a focus for bike you should know that there are two units of measure to determine the power and performance of the generated light: Lux and lumen.
- Lux. It is the power that is normally specified which shines at 1 meter distance. Arguably, it is the total amount of light. Bigger, better.
- Lumen. It is the power emitted by the bulb or flashlight. It measures the density of light and greater distance, it diminishes their power.
So what you understand, if you take two bulbs with the same lumens and alumbras a meter away, if one gives more light than the other means that the first has more lux than the second. Therefore, much more lux, better and more powerful will be the light.
Then, compare the values indicated by the manufacturer concerning the lux, it would be more than enough to choose the best focus of mountain biking. What happens? Marks do not risk to ensure a lux value since it is very difficult to ensure the declared value. Is for this reason that the measure that they use is the lumen.
Other features to be considered for the choice of the focus of mountain biking
Not only the lumens or lux determine the quality of a focus for cycling. The following parameters must be taken into account when choosing a focus for a bike:
- The combination of the (front of focus) lens, the led and reflector will determine extent, depth and consistency of the lighting. The lights that provide a narrow beam will be more remote and will be best for wide tracks. A combination that provides a wider beam will be advisable to narrow and winding paths.
- The LED. Increasingly leave more advanced models and the quality of the LEDs will have its importance.
- The battery. The tendency is to bet for batteries of lithium ion (Li-Ion regargables). That doubt is that the duration and strength of it determines much focus quality in general. In many cases usually bring some spare battery not to “be shot” in the middle of the route. You have to think that the battery is outside and you have to place it in the box. I recommend using a bag (should not bring one for fixing in the box) to carry more protected.
- It’s possible to change the intensity. The vast majority of outbreaks have the possibility of alternating currents of the same. For example: three types of intensity (30%, 60% and 100%) to choose at any time according to the needs.
- Mode blast. Although you will use it to show on the road, in stretches of road, it may be interesting to have a burst mode drivers see you more easily.
Tips for buying bike lights
- Try to test the light. Many times you buy over the Internet and in this case it is not possible to test lighting. In this case guide you through comments or references which appear to be reliable.
- Think of the possibility of carrying more than one light. It will give you the possibility of lights bringing different perspectives to improve visibility and also reduces the risk of becoming half way in the dark.
* Tip: The foci for bikes fitted with 1000 lumens provide a considerable light and could be a good starting point to make the selection when you buy one. But you have to remember that although two lights have 1000 lumens each, does not mean to illuminate equal.
Here comes today’s article! I hope that you have been useful! I know that there are many doubts there regarding such issues (lights and mountain biking) and indeed by social networks we have received quite a few questions in this regard. Now, I’d like to know your experience in this “scene” of the lights for bicycles. Here at answerresume you can get more different bicycles lightings.
Have you ever tried any model? Do you have more than one light? What other advice aportarías for those who go to buy a light for its routes with low visibility?
Buy Online India Hi-Bird Super-58 Fat 4 Inch Wide Tire …
Downhill Off-road Bike Tour
Specialized S-Works Epic 29
KASK Protone Helmet
Pat’s Postcard Postings: Postcard from Perpignan
Ford Mustang Shelby GT by GT Spirit (1:18 scale)
consolle in curved glass Mantra
American Pickers fans visiting Antique Archaeology in …
Studhorse House by Olson Kundig
Guggenheim Museum, Helsinki
Best Places to Spend Christmas
Round Metal Small Table Freeline 1
Plásticos y Bolsas de Monterrey
Plásticos y Bolsas de Monterrey
Zig Zag Chair Rietveld
Instant Six Pack Suit
Blue Fairy Lights
Animated Bike Wheel Lights
3 LED Bicycle Bike Chrome Visor Bullet Headlamp Headlight …
Monkey Light Pro – Monkey Light Bike Lights